Our Core Values
“There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God of all, who is above all and through all and in all.” Ephesians 4:4-6
The Core Values of the United Church of Cookeville
- We are a church that welcomes everyone, no matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey.
- We strive to serve others unselfishly, locally, nationally, and internationally through our contributions of time, talent and money.
Learning and Listening as God is Still Speaking
- We seek to listen to what God is saying to us in this day and age. We seek to grow in Him and balance the tradition of our faith with contemporary viewpoints and knowledge.
- As Jesus provides affirmation and support to us, we believe the fellowship of believers should provide encouragement, solidarity, love, and our Lord’s shepherding care to each other.
- We want all persons to find at the United Church a feeling that they are being loved. We want all persons to feel included, not excluded; embraced, not isolated; heard, not silenced. Our inclusiveness reaches across all barriers.
Being a Part of the Larger Church
- We believe in the principles that the United Church of Christ represents in this world, and this congregation will actively participate in regional, national, and ecumenical activities.