Join Us for Worship
“All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord; they will bring glory to your name. For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.”
We gather at 11:00 a.m. every Sunday morning.
At United Church of Cookeville, we seek our worship to be meaningful, uplifting, affirming of God’s love and power in Christ, and experience the rich liturgical history of the church. We are an open and affirming congregation. All are welcome…come as you are!
Our worship services are all about community, love and praise. We praise God through communal prayer, music, confession, preaching, sharing and Holy Communion. Our worship aims to be transformative in many ways, offering us opportunities to seek comfort and hope, to find our stories in the stories of our faith, and to experience the presence of God.
Worship is rooted in the biblical witness to God’s saving deeds in history. We observe two sacraments: Holy Communion and Baptism. Communion is observed the first Sunday of the month. We celebrate the various “seasons” of the church: Advent, Epiphany, Lent, Easter, Pentecost. Our liturgy conforms to the order of worship in the Book of Worship of the United Church of Christ, and we use the lectionary as our selected scripture reading each Sunday.
We don’t ask you to come be like us, but to bring your faith and gifts with you, share them with us, and help us build a living community.
About our Worship Services
- Where: We worship at our church home on Gould Drive, one block west of Willow Avenue and south of I-40. Click here for a map and driving directions.
- Parking: Parking is available in our front parking lot, with additional parking available at the bottom the hill.
- Music: Our music features piano, guest accompanists, the use of the United Church of Christ hymnal, as well as other hymns and songs from hymnals of other Christian denominations.
- Childcare: Childcare is provided for infants and toddlers.
- Children and Youth: Sunday school is offered for children and teens during the worship service.
- Communion: Our communion is open to all. Click here to read more.
- Baptism: Baptism is available to children and adults who wish to be baptized. Click here to read more.
Learn more about what to expect at worship.
No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you’re welcome here.